Senior Administrative Assistant – Job Description
Deadline for submission – 31st August 2021
To support program delivery in Nigeria, KRSD Foundation seeks to hire a Senior Assistant to execute comprehensive administrative transactions. The Senior Assistant, under the reporting line of The Executive Director, is responsible for a range of office management and administrative from KRSD Abuja office. (S)He will ensure the effective operation of administrative activities including supply chain requirements, procurement of all program supplies and services, managing stocks and office assets in close collaboration with the Executive Director, Program Manager, and other team members. The Senior Assistant will execute multi-step transactions and ensure process integrity in all operations of KRSD Programs.
The Senior Assistant is to execute intricate transactions and deliver service with refinement of understanding of process, subject and purpose in line with established institutional policies,
standards, and donor requirements.
• Support the office management and general administrative support across areas of Finance, Procurement, and Human Resources in cooperation with the Executive Director.
• Plan and manage all logistical arrangements for the NGO including seminars, meetings and events;
The Senior Assistant is to provide information and explain process transaction requirements to suppliers and Stakeholders; resolve issues of data clarity within nonstandard and/or potentially contentious situations.
• Provide advice to implementation team on the procedures, policies and tools of all operational transactions for project/output delivery;
• Closely cooperate with the Management Consultants, KBLS Mediatrix Nigeria LTD.
•Interact with service providers/suppliers about the demands and assure the appropriate delivery of goods/services.
To identify priorities and sequence work to achieve consistent and timely delivery; Deliverables reflect capacity to provide a products/service of consistent quality adapting to the needs/expectations. The tasks include but are not limited to the following areas of work:
Logistics and facilities
• Monitor and maintain office’s assets to ensure appropriate use, update asset and
•Identify the equipment to be replenished, purchased or dispersed and make proposals to Top Management.
• Make relevant reports in line with KRSD Foundation guidelines.
• Assure proper management and record keeping to support reporting to donors and
• Assist and accommodate the Board of Trustees in all of the administrative and logistics support
Procurement and spending
• Accountable for procurement processing of goods and services, training materials,
workshop venues, catering services for KRSD programs with a focus on value for money
Liaise with suppliers and stakeholders on procurement.
• Verify data and ensure data entry and document consistency from spending and
expenses of specific project/output management.
• Support with the management of petty cash spending and payment to suppliers
• Completing monthly reports as requested
• Support recruitment of staff and consultants
• Support with the preparation for staff onboarding process
• Other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
• Graduate Degree
• Preferred four (4) years of professional experience in administration or handling logistics and procurement
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft tools and applications Fluent command of English, both written and spoken.
Critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems
quickly and effectively.
Good team working ability.
Work experience from an international/multicultural environment preferred.
Understand and actively supports KRSD’s mission, vision and values.
Promote the optimum use of Organizational resources
Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect, and partnership.
Process and share information easily.
Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
Promote creativity and innovation among staff.
Be able to lead where needed and provide solutions to project-level challenge.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in submitting your application. Please upload your CV and Cover letter here (PDF format only)